Registration for the Embro Highland Games Highland Dance Competition is NOW OPEN!
Hosted at the Embro-West Zorra Community Centre – 355644 35th Line Embro Ontario
Two Ways to Register!
Dancers can either click REGISTER ONLINE to complete the form and pay online
(with required Waiver Forms signed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Or click MAIL-IN OPTION below.
Flat Fee Registration: Primary $22 | Beginner/Novice $27 | Intermediate/Premier $30.
Fees include $1 for 2022 SDCCS Surcharge and $1 for postage and handling of the dancer’s gate pass/confirmation of entry.
Questions can be directed to Laura Green at 519-475-6287 | 519-535-3561
Online registration opens at noon on April 25, 2022.
Closing date for online entries is midnight on June 15, 2022.
Click to download the Full Registration Form.
Accepting orders dated April 19 – June 15, 2022
Please send with enclosed payment to:
EMRBO HIGHLAND GAMES
c/o LAURA/GORD GREEN
356508 35th LINE RR 1
EMBRO ON N0J 1J0
DAY OF EVENT:
- Registration Desk opens at 8:15 am
- Dancers must present their R.S.O.B.H.D. Reg. Card in order to receive their dance number.
- Designated area for tents
- In compliance with ScotDance Requirements, changerooms are provided in the Community Centre (follow signage)
- Pre-Premier Competition begins at 9:00 am
- Intermediate/Premier Competition will not commence before 1:00 pm
- No dance entries accepted on the grounds.
- No phone entries accepted.
- No status (category) changes will be accepted the day of the competition.
ORDER OF DANCES:
- Novice/Beginner/Primary: Highland Fling (4), Sword Dance (2 & 1), Seann Triubhas (3 & 1), Pas de Basques and Pas de Basques & High Cuts.
- Intermediate/Premier: Highland Fling (4), Seann Triubhas (3 & 1), Highland Laddies (4) and Barracks Johnnie (4).
AGE GROUPS DETERMINED BY THE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
JUDGES: Christine Laing-Hladki-Arkona and Annajayne MacNeil-Ruthven.
Dancing takes place under the rules of R.S.O.B.H.D. The decision of the judge is final. No discussion or correspondence can be entered into between a judge and a competitor or the parent/guardian regarding a judge’s decision. All verbal announcements will take precedence over the written program.
Pre-Premier awards will be presented during the lunch break.
Trophies will be given in each Beginner, Novice, Intermediate and Premier age group.
Prize money for Adult Premier: $50, $40, $30, $20, $15 and $10.
ALL DANCERS MUST BE IN FULL COSTUME TO RECEIVE AWARDS.
© Zorra Caledonian Society 2022